Now in our sixth generation in the apple business, we feel a powerful connection to the land we tend, the people who work with us, the legacy we have inherited, and the health and sustainability of our industry in the region. Plus, we really like apples, and love knowing how much our customers enjoy them.
It’s quite a journey from our tree to sliced up on your kid’s oatmeal. We do everything we can to make it worth the trip.
How It All Started
- “It all started with the apple. Preserving the land we farm is the foundation of everything we do.”
- Farming some of the first land planted in apple orchard in Henderson County.
- Greg’s Great great grandfather planted the first golden delicious tree in Henderson County in late 1800.
- Planted in the late 1800s
- Everything was worked by hand with horses
- Trees planted in spacing’s of 45’x45’ at 22 trees/acre
Fast Forward to Present Day
- Now working with GPS guided tractors
- Using variable rate spreaders to apply only what is needed to keep soil in top condition
- Sprayers using sonar technology to only spray trees, no open space
- All of this is done with the help of crop consultants and field agronomists
- New planting each year with spacing’s of 3’x12’ at 1210 trees/acre
In our production facility, we produce thousands of gallons of apple cider each year. Our apples and cider are shipped nationwide.
Apple Wedge has built a food safety and quality assurance program to continuously control potential hazards from farm to table.
We strive for profitability through consistency and diversification of our products and commitment to our valued customers and long-term, loyal employees.
A Modern Approach Rooted in Legacy
AppleWedge is a sixth generation family-owned apple production business located in Hendersonville NC near Asheville, North Carolina.